Risks: Surgical Butt Implants
Butt implants are a popular cosmetic surgery procedure that involves the placement of artificial implants in the buttocks to enhance their shape, size, and contour. This procedure is popular among people who desire a more pronounced or curvier backside, but are unable to achieve the desired results through exercise or diet.
While surgical butt implants may offer immediate results, they carry several risks and potential complications. These include infection, bleeding, scarring, asymmetry, implant displacement, and nerve damage. Moreover, the implants can shift or rupture over time, causing pain and discomfort.
Here are some of the possible risks associated with butt implant surgery:
1. Infection: Like any surgical procedure, there is a risk of infection after butt implant surgery. This can be caused by bacteria entering the incision site during or after surgery. Symptoms of infection include fever, pain, redness, swelling, and drainage from the incision site.
2. Implant displacement: The implants may shift or move out of position after surgery, which can cause asymmetry or contour irregularities in the buttocks.
3. Implant rupture: Butt implants can rupture or leak over time due to pressure on them during daily activities such as sitting or exercising.
4. Capsular contracture: This is a condition where scar tissue forms around the implant and hardens, causing discomfort and distortion in shape.
5. Nerve damage: The surgical procedure may cause nerve damage leading to numbness or tingling sensations in the buttocks area.
6. Bleeding: Excessive bleeding during or after surgery can lead to complications such as blood clots.
It is important to note that surgical butt implants are a permanent alteration to the body and may not be reversible. Patients should carefully consider the potential risks and benefits before undergoing the procedure, and only select a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing butt augmentation surgeries.
In conclusion, while surgical butt implants may offer a quick solution to achieving a desired appearance, they come with several risks and potential complications. Patients should weigh the pros and cons before deciding to undergo this procedure, and consult with a qualified surgeon to ensure that they are making an informed decision.
Please talk to your provider regarding the pros and cons of implants.
At the Emerald Luxe Medical Spa we offer a non-surgical option to increase the size of your butt called Hyperdilute Radiesse. It works to give instant lift along with collagen building over time.
Read the next blog post regarding #hyperdiluteradiesse